So, you bought supplements from Be Empowered Nutrition and are excited to start utilizing them, but you don’t know when to take them? No Problem! Let me help.
START YOUR DAY WITH THIS
THE REST OF THE SUPPLEMENTS ARE INTERCHANGEABLE THROUGHOUT THE DAY:
- Fat Burner, 1 Scoop in water, 30 Minutes before workout
- Raises your core temperature and metabolism, so that your body can burn calories more efficiently.
- Pre-Workout, 2 Scoops, 30 Minutes before workout
- Stimulates your brain and your body to help you focus more on your workout at hand, and can also raise core temperature.
Fat Burner or Pre-Workout is a possibility in the morning, but it all depends on how you structure your day and what your goals are!
If you do choose to take either first thing in the morning, I DO NOT recommend also having coffee or an energy drink of any sorts, the fat burner or pre-workout provide you with plenty of caffeine and stimulation to wake you up and get you going.
I always recommend eating a little something when taking these supplements, but if you like to hit fasted cardio or lifting right away in the morning, these supplements can be a great way to jump start your day!
If your main focus is weight loss and you hit the gym a little later like around 2 or 3 pm, then I would suggest taking the Fat Burner 30 Minutes before hitting the gym.
Once again, if you take the Fat Burner or Pre-Workout later in the day, I DO NOT recommend taking BOTH.
- PUMP, 1 Scoop in water
- Provides better blood flow to the area of the body you're working, so that those muscles can develop better.
Pump is actually great to take with Pre-workout, 30 Minutes before a workout. You can take BOTH because Pump DOES NOT have caffeine, so you will not be over stimulated, but you will have an amazing lift!
- BCAA’s w/Collagen, 1 Scoop in water, During or After a workout
- Provides your body with proteins for a better recovery from workouts and also provides collagen for better hair, skin, and nails.
- EAA’s, 1 Scoop in water, During or After a workout
- Provides your body with essential proteins for better recovery and proper muscle growth after workouts.
BCAA’s and EAA’s go somewhat hand in hand. Both can be taken during your workouts to help give you a little extra energy (think like a Gatorade, but much better for you), but if not taken during a workout, then either one can be taken after a workout as well for proper muscle recovery.
The one I find personally to be more helpful when it comes to recovery and soreness are the EAA’s. This is mainly due to EAA’s standing for Essential Amino Acids. This means our body can not make these proteins on its own, so we must provide the body with them. So for me personally, I pick the EAA’s more often than not, but if you are looking to recover, but also strengthen your hair, skin, and nails….then the BCAA’s are a great option for you!
- Whey or Vegan Protein Powder, 1 Scoop in water or varied milk options
- Used to repair your muscle tissue after being worked and also an important macronutrient. (a type of food required in large amounts in someone’s diet)
Protein Powder is another one that depends on your goals, but the BEST time to have Protein according to research is right after your workout to focus solely on muscle recovery.
However, If you like to start your day with a Protein shake, then that is one way to take it. If you like to end your day with a sweet treat then a S’mores Protein Shake sounds pretty amazing too!
Last, but not least……
- FOCUS+, 1 Scoop in water
- Helps you focus on tasks or workouts at hand
FOCUS+ is personally one of my favorite supplements! On days where you want a little energy, but simply need to get a lot done; i.e. paperwork at the office, cleaning at home or maybe you just want complete concentration on your workout, well then this is the guy for you!
You can take FOCUS+ at almost any point in the day, but like I said it will give you energy, so you probably DO NOT want to take it too late and I would NOT recommend taking it at the same time as Pre-Workout or Fat Burner. Other than that, take it 30 Minutes before you start your day or your tasks at hand!
MY TYPICAL DAY OF SUPPLEMENTS “Ashley Kailing”
AS SOON AS I WAKE UP:
AROUND 12 OR 1PM, 30 MINUTES BEFORE MY WORKOUT:
DURING MY WORKOUT:
AFTER MY WORKOUT:
- 1 or 2 Scoops, S’mores Protein Powder (Depending on my daily protein intake)
I hope this helps many of you feel more confident when taking your supplements! As ALWAYS please DO NOT hesitate to reach out to us with other blog suggestions or questions.
Have any questions or topics you would like to know more about? Click Here to message us!